A monthly visit to your beauty therapist for a routine facial can be very beneficial to your skin and wellbeing in general, but here are a few homecare tricks that can be beneficial to your skin and also enhance the results of your Spa facial treatment.
- Always have a Facial Homecare routine, It is not as complicated as it sounds, cleanse, tone and moisturize your skin with the appropriate skin cleanser, toner and moisturizer for your skin type twice a day, morning and evening before you go to bed , exfoliate and use a masque for your skin type once a week, serums are a good addition, apply your serum before your moisturizer and don’t for get to use your sunscreen (SPF) in the mornings or whenever you are going to be exposed to the Sun. Note the higher the sun protection factor (SPF) the more protection you get from the harmful rays of the sun
- Avoid all cosmetics that have alcohol in them, they will dehydrate your skin and also upset your skins natural pH balance, leaving your skin vulnerable to sunburn or premature aging, professional skincare brands now use organic alternative ingredients (floral waters) like Rose Water, Glycerin, witch hazel etc.
- Drink at least six to eight cups of water daily to keep your moisture levels high, substitute fizzy drinks for natural fruit juices, keep alcohol intake to a minimum as it dehydrates the skin.
- Handle your skin gently when you are using a granular scrub do not go hard on the skin gentle circular movements will do the job, use cotton wool or cotton buds to remove makeup, tissues or toilet paper are too harsh and may scratch or stretch the surface.
- Avoid Smoking, cigarettes reduce the necessary nutrients and oxygen required for a healthy skin. Smoking causes premature aging and dull lifeless looking skin.
- Have at least eight hours of sleep a night, while we are sleeping the skin heals itself, new cells are formed and waste is removed.
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet, your skin is a reflection of what you eat. Vitamin suppliments like Vitamin C is very important in collagen production, Vitamin E rehydrates the skin and speeds up healing process, remember your skin is a reflection of what you put in your body .
- Exercise regularly, during exercise circulation is increased which brings nutrients to the skin and lymphatic flow is also increased, which helps in the removal of waste from the body.
So there you have it, seven of my top skincare advice I give my clients everyday stick to them and embrace the new flawless yo